• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
JimmyZ
Fresh Boarder

Re: 3/15/2011 - BEST BUY Theater - NYC (Phil's B-Day)

#2490 3 years, 4 months ago
Ha! Thanks so much. No, I def don't tour -- married w/ a 4 yr. old and a 9 month old...thoroughly domesticated!! You should have witnessed the negotiations with my wife so that I could go to two of the Best Buy shows rather than just one -- almost needed Bill Clinton to mediate
"There is a road, no simple highway between the dawn & the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone."
The following user(s) said Thank You: redskin7488
Steve
Junior Boarder

#3264 3 years, 4 months ago
Man, I can't wait to download this show!
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#3345 3 years, 4 months ago
Jimmy Z - that was great! I went to the show on three hours of sleep and a boat load of "things" that hit me all at once. When I was rockin to the once in a lifetime second set, I actually thought I was imagining things. Had to listen to Abbey's Road over and over on my way home, just to try and recount my memories / dreams. You hit it right on the button! Thanks man, just reading your review gave me goose bumps and brought back memories I most likely wouldn't have remembered myself! Epic show, Epic REVIEW!
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#3354 3 years, 4 months ago
One thing I forgot to mention - throughout a show I'll make notes on my phone to remind me of certain moments. One of my notes during the end of the second set was - "Bobby - funny and doing some things out of the ordinary". I seem to remember him feeding off the crowd and interacting with us in ways he typically doesn't, which was great! Any insight on this?
Peace
acousticPhenomena
Junior Boarder

#4014 3 years, 4 months ago
It's crazy that they're doing all of Abbey Road this tour. I personally have a compilation of the whole thing and it sounds great! Way to go Furthur! Just saw my first dead-related show last Saturday (Dark Star Orchestra) hoping that Furthur comes to my neck of the woods this summer!
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#4488 3 years, 4 months ago
>>>> I seem to remember [Bob Weir] feeding off the crowd and interacting with us in ways he typically doesn't, which was great! Any insight on this? <<<<

Ya gotta figure that Bob has seen and heard it all at this point, so it takes more to get him excited than it did back in 1970 when everything was still fairly new. The Grateful Dead history books are stacked high with great shows in great cities, but a show on Phil Lesh's birthday is one thing isn't old to them yet because it hasn't really happened in the past.

I also think that this special Birthday Show in the middle of New York brought a great group of REAL fans to the theater, which Bob noticed and embraced in the way you saw.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#4969 3 years, 4 months ago
Skudebro
Junior Boarder

#5000 3 years, 4 months ago
Archive show is downloaded and ready for listening. OK, I admit listening to Side 2 Abbey Road segment while downloading and that was fun, though I admit the guy yelling for Fire On the Mountain in front of the tapers is annoying.

Still, I am so grateful to the performers, tapers, uploaders, and others who make it possible to listen to this music.
srob52765
Fresh Boarder

#6751 3 years, 3 months ago
Excellent review! I totally agree!
check it out:
www.youtube.com/user/srob52765?feature=mhum#p/u/0/wWbGSO9u4bo
srob52765
Fresh Boarder

#6753 3 years, 3 months ago
Time to create page: 0.96 seconds