• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OneGoodHand
Junior Boarder

anyone going to dark star tomorrow at the ogden?

#249257 1 year, 6 months ago
I know its only been a month since the real deal, but is anyone going to be down there tomorrow for the show? we should get beers and do a few jays first. come one come all, should be good...
...and Im in no hurry, no no no, i know where to go
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

Re: anyone going to dark star tomorrow at the ogden?

#249276 1 year, 6 months ago
No, but have fun! I'll be seeing DSO in KC on 7/2.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
OneGoodHand
Junior Boarder

#249519 1 year, 6 months ago
the show was a gem. they played 10/9/77 from right here in Denver, was a total screamer and good times were had by all. no familiar faces though. next time.
...and Im in no hurry, no no no, i know where to go
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, SunshineSue
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#249521 1 year, 6 months ago
I noticed whenever a dead related event is going on (bob or Phil,) dark star orchestra will immeadietly follow wherever the boys were just at. They are playing NY in may. I think it has to do with promotion etc, there will be flyers everywhere after a dead show about how Dark Star is only a month or less away. Good marketing plan on their part. It's always a good time and the music is ALWAYS there but it's just not the same vibe at all it isn't even anywhere near the spiritual level the boys bring. I will always go see DSO though as much as I can cause of the GREAT music, but it is no where near how they say continuing the "Grateful Dead Experience," They should market it as continuing the music of the grateful dead, not the experience. It is in no way shape or form the same it is actually a rip off of anything. Furthur continues the grateful dead experience, taking you... Furthur.
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#250248 1 year, 6 months ago
OneGoodHand wrote:
the show was a gem. they played 10/9/77 from right here in Denver, was a total screamer and good times were had by all. no familiar faces though. next time.

damn bro i was there! we had our sweet spot on the railing/right balcony.

lightning>supp!!!!!

10/9/77 is an underrated show from 77.

I say it once again - Mattson rules!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds