• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smacks11
Fresh Boarder

Re: 2013 Tour Rumors

#218203 1 year, 10 months ago
Furthur goes to Nassau!! Would be great see and rekindle some old magic. Also would help a falling arena. Thoughts?
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#218915 1 year, 10 months ago
From a brand spanking new Weir interview:

www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/entertain...ll-truckin-with-tour

Bakersfield Californian: What other projects do you have lined up next year?

Bob Weir: More touring with Phil Lesh and our main band, Furthur, solo acoustic shows, working on another symphonic collaboration as I did last year with Marin Symphony Orchestra, hopefully with an East Coast orchestra this time. In the Bay Area, more unique projects out of TRI Studios and fun at Sweetwater Music Hall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PennsylvaniaPete, funky420, SunshineSue
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#218924 1 year, 10 months ago
Skeeto111 wrote:
I would love them to do a great Midwest run.

Kansas City, St. Louis at the Fox Theatre, Chicago, Milwaukee or Minneapolis (both?), Detroit area..maybe down to Ohio

That would be my dream. Maybe an Iowa City stop somewhere in there...

AMES, IOWA
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#218966 1 year, 10 months ago
Gordon the Drummer wrote:
From a brand spanking new Weir interview:

www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/entertain...ll-truckin-with-tour

Bakersfield Californian: What other projects do you have lined up next year?

Bob Weir: More touring with Phil Lesh and our main band, Furthur, solo acoustic shows, working on another symphonic collaboration as I did last year with Marin Symphony Orchestra, hopefully with an East Coast orchestra this time. In the Bay Area, more unique projects out of TRI Studios and fun at Sweetwater Music Hall.

Man that's a heavy schedule, good for him keeping so busy, I love that.

I would be beside myself if that East Coast orchestra was the Boston Pops, but it will probably be some NY orchestra.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#218978 1 year, 10 months ago
Last night on the TRI broadcast, Bobby mentioned that there is something in the works for January, specifically, a benefit for victims of hurricane Sandy... Hoping this will take place in NYC- anyone know more about this???
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#218996 1 year, 10 months ago
Smacks11 wrote:
Furthur goes to Nassau!! Would be great see and rekindle some old magic. Also would help a falling arena. Thoughts?

It is a lot bigger than the Beacon so I would vote yes. As i have harped on elsewhere the Beacon is too small no matter how pretty it is.

We need to get in and the Beacon Residency left too many of us outside at the broken-end of the scalpers bottle.

A larger venue must be found for these Residencies. IMHO!!
Boxofrain
Junior Boarder

#219233 1 year, 10 months ago
I am hearing rumors of a run at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY. Anyone else hearing this? Anxiously waiting for the announcement so I can make my plans to go wherever they end up playing. Just happy for the shows!
Walk into splintered sunlight, inch your way through dead dreams to another land....
stricken
Gold Boarder

#219237 1 year, 10 months ago
Boxofrain wrote:
I am hearing rumors of a run at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY. Anyone else hearing this? Anxiously waiting for the announcement so I can make my plans to go wherever they end up playing. Just happy for the shows!

I liked the place but think a run there could be sketchy with local police and roadside stops outside the venue. Even with that said i would go there because i thought the sound was decent.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#219264 1 year, 10 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Last night on the TRI broadcast, Bobby mentioned that there is something in the works for January, specifically, a benefit for victims of hurricane Sandy... Hoping this will take place in NYC- anyone know more about this???

it's going to be a live broadcast at TRI and will be encouraging people to donate, he talked more about it on the very first Weir Here.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#219304 1 year, 10 months ago
wow port chester I hope SO!!!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds