• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216644 1 year, 4 months ago
Staggerl wrote:
"God" didn't make anything. Man made the concept of god to explain things we don't understand and make us feel better about things we are unhappy with, and most of all, to control us.

ok. i can see why you wouldnt be offended by Kesha's garb...

this thread is directed more at those who believe in Heaven & Hell..

Im not gonna debate dualing philosophies...
but am rather looking for responses from GOD fearing individuals on the board...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Staggerl
Junior Boarder

#216649 1 year, 4 months ago
Sure thing, I won't bother you anymore. One last thing though, I think you mean only christian based faith god fearing individuals because that stuff shouldn't bother Jews, Hindus, Agnostics or Buddhists and the like either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, Phred
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#216650 1 year, 4 months ago
The nightly news is far more disturbing than she could ever be, even if she came out drinking blood from a goat skull and chewing on canaries. Or the hollow, shallow, gaudy materialism and the shameless Hollywood money-making machine pushing that goes on The Today Show (and the like) is far more disturbing than Kesha's empty symbolism would dare to be. You want to get upset about something, then make it really about something that is about something. And this isn't about someone being god-fearing or not. This is about lazy, useless battles vs. battles that actually affect people. Wasted energy vs. applied ethics.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216652 1 year, 4 months ago
Staggerl wrote:
Sure thing, I won't bother you anymore. One last thing though, I think you mean only christian based faith god fearing individuals because that stuff shouldn't bother Jews, Hindus, Agnostics or Buddhists and the like either.

you weren't (BOTHERING ME)...
I can understand that her garb wouldnt bother you in the least..
you dont have a preverbial dog in the fight, as it were.
but if this was a topic you held scared, you might thiink differently...
thats all im sayin....
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216653 1 year, 4 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
The nightly news is far more disturbing than she could ever be, even if she came out drinking blood from a goat skull and chewing on canaries. Or the hollow, shallow, gaudy materialism and the shameless Hollywood money-making machine pushing that goes on The Today Show (and the like) is far more disturbing than Kesha's empty symbolism would dare to be. You want to get upset about something, then make it really about something that is about something. And this isn't about someone being god-fearing or not. This is about lazy, useless battles vs. battles that actually affect people. Wasted energy vs. applied ethics.

nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#216654 1 year, 4 months ago
To my way of thinking, to take a symbol and place negative religious values on it, then complain about how disturbing it is to our culture shows narrow vision. Religion itself may not be the problem. It is how people interprit religion and "religious" beliefs. People who use "moral" and or "religious" values to complain about how disturbing things are, do great damage to everyone concerned. Once you get into the business of defining and condemning 'evil', you are in the business of accepting only values that you feel comfortable with. That leads to being disrespectful towards cultures and beliefs that you do not understand. History is stained with people and organizations that have murdered others in the name of fighting evil. To promote such values is a lot more disturbing then to wear a symbol that 'some' define as evil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Ossumpei, funky420, Strider1, Phred
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216656 1 year, 4 months ago
nycdave wrote:
To my way of thinking, to take a symbol and place negative religious values on it, then complain about how disturbing it is to our culture shows narrow vision. Religion itself may not be the problem. It is how people interprit religion and "religious" beliefs. People who use "moral" and or "religious" values to complain about how disturbing things are, do great damage to everyone concerned. Once you get into the business of defining and condemning 'evil', you are in the business of accepting only values that you feel comfortable with. That leads to being disrespectful towards cultures and beliefs that you do not understand. History is stained with people and organizations that have murdered others in the name of fighting evil. To promote such values is a lot more disturbing then to wear a symbol that 'some' define as evil.

it's not a stretch on my part, to connect those symbols with demonic worship...
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#216658 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
it's not a stretch on my part, to connect those symbols with demonic worship...
or to recognize that she, or her stylist, like the aesthetics of the symbol and don't care, or have little idea, of their meaning. It's no different than a squiggly line to them, except this shaped line looks cool to them. Not really much different than anyone who wears a cross and doesn't apply their beliefs to everyday life. empty slogans. here. there. it's pretty convenient to get "extremely disturbed" about something that doesn't require any effort. "Can you believe what we're seeing on TV???" Meanwhile, there's a food pantry or shelter somewhere nearby that could really use the help.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#216659 1 year, 4 months ago
there can be no good without evil
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by wlewis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216660 1 year, 4 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
or to recognize that she, or her stylist, like the aesthetics of the symbol and don't care, or have little idea, of their meaning. It's no different than a squiggly line to them, except this shaped line looks cool to them. Not really much different than anyone who wears a cross and doesn't apply their beliefs to everyday life. empty slogans. here. there. it's pretty convenient to get "extremely disturbed" about something that doesn't require any effort. "Can you believe what we're seeing on TV???" Meanwhile, there's a food pantry or shelter somewhere nearby that could really use the help.

call me old fashioned, but...
yeah, i guess I do have a real problem with demonic imagery flooding the airwaves...
Time to create page: 1.46 seconds